A SUMMER CAMP FOR KIDS WITH KIDNEY DISEASE
July 28-Aug. 2, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Going away to summer camp may seem out of reach for children on dialysis or who have had a kidney transplant. Not at Camp ChiMer! Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City, with the medical support of Children’s Mercy, is excited to present Camp ChiMer – summer camp specifically geared for children ages nine to 18 who are undergoing peritoneal dialysis, hemodialysis or who have had a renal transplant. The camp is held on the scenic grounds of Three Trails, a 40-acre privately owned facility east of Kansas City, Mo. Children participate in a variety of indoor and outdoor activities while being carefully monitored daily by health care professionals. Here, kids with special kidney conditions can experience camp just like everybody else. Learn more about our camp from our Facebook page!
Two beautiful lakes, a filtered swimming pool and a modern air-conditioned lodge along with nature provide the backdrop for a variety of indoor and outdoor activities including:
• Indoor Gym
• Game Room
• Fire Rings and Pits
• Ball Field
• Zero Entry Swimming Pool (seasonal – outdoor)
• Climbing wall (dependent on staffing availability)
• Zip Line (dependent on staffing availability)
• Team Building (dependent on staffing availability)
• Archery (dependent on staffing availability)• Gaga Ball
• Outdoor Basketball Court
• Nature Paths
ON-SITE MEDICAL CARE
Parents can rest assured that their child will be well cared for. Healthcare professionals including a physician and nurses are available to monitor vital signs and medications daily, and provide dialysis treatments.
There is no camp fee thanks to funding from generous individuals and corporations. Participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from camp.
- Download the Camper Application and return to Janice Perez by April 1, 2017.
- For more information contact Janice at email@example.com.
- You may also call your dialysis or transplant facility for an application.
Please check back in 2017 for more details. Questions can be directed to Ariel Penner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your help and support!