Become a Member
- Give back to the community during volunteer activities related to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City.
- Networking opportunities with like-minded philanthropic and business leaders.
- Leadership development through optional committee participation
- Invitations to fun social activities at the house and in the community
- Membership Fee – Regular Membership for one $120/yr or $10/month, Household Membership for two $180/yr or $15/month
- Attend Red Shoe Society events and help spread the word about the mission
Join the Red Shoe Society
RSS Spotlight – Members of the Month:
Julie and Tommy Stein
Years in KC: We are both from the Kansas City area. Tom grew up in Eudora and Julie in Overland Park. We met at KState in Spanish class. What we think is the language of love
How’d you get involved with Red Shoe? Julie’s best friend, Blair Gentile, has always been passionate about the work she does with RSS and this passion is contagious.
Why do you think the Red Shoe mission is important? When a family is trying to cope with the illness of a child the last thing they worry about is themselves. Red Shoe provides a loving home for them at this time. Tommy’s sister gave birth to twin beautiful girls, Annie and Lainey, in March of 2017. Lainey was born with a heart condition that required her to be at children’s mercy for the first couple of months of her life. We will forever be grateful to the RMH for hosting our sister and family while Lainey recovered.
What is/has been your favorite Red Shoe event? The red shoe shindig has to be our favorite. To see all the love in one room to support the RMH, children and families is tremendously moving every year.
What do you do in your spare time? We love to travel. This past year we traveled to Nepal and hiked to Everest base camp. Next year we are looking forward to Peru and hoping to get to all 50 states by the time Tommy turns 35.
What else should we know about you? We love KC and are happy to call it home.